Monday, April 25, 2011

Document your world.

I'm sure you've all heard of Vivian Maier by now - the nanny who was secretly a photographer. So I've been thinking about her, and how she documented her life and the world around her. I don't know about you, but I love looking through old photographs that tell a story, especially those that I somehow have a link to (my parents, their parents, etc. etc.). My world may not seem as cool right now as my grandparents world, but my children (or their children) may think otherwise some day.

So for the next couple of weeks I've decided to focus my "photo a day" challenge on photographing the world around me. Not just my kids, or what I'm doing, but what is going on around me that I may not be personably involved in. AND I'm going to do it all in black and white. I love black and white photos - they have so much character and some elements become more visible in black and white than in color.

So here's one to start the week out...

No comments:

Post a Comment