Monday, July 16, 2012

Strawberry Fields.

One of my favorite summer activities is visiting farms and picking strawberries and blueberries. Maybe because I was raised on a farm, maybe because I love the taste of fresh berries, or maybe I just like to torture my children in 90 degree weather by making them pick berries. 

I thought maybe if we got to the fields by 10 am we'd be okay. But it was already a sweltering 90 degrees. After 10 minutes in the fields, my kids were hot, sweaty and tired. Luckily, Parlee Farms sells ice cream and strawberry donuts - which I, being a smart mother, used as bribery. Oh, and they also have farm animals for your viewing pleasure.

So now we get to enjoy homemade strawberry jam all year round... and of course I got some great strawberry field photos! 

BEFORE / AFTER
Can you tell I wore them out?




No comments:

Post a Comment