Thursday, February 17, 2011

Expensive Makeup - Worth it? Not worth it?

After my facebook post of whether you all think expensive makeup is worth it or not worth, I decided a trip to the makeup counter was in order. I was mostly in search of a good face moisturizer for my dry skin (which is amazing that it's dry since I live in rainy Portland), an undereye concealer and any other goodies that caught my eye.

I stopped in at Nordstrom's, Macy's and of course, Sephora. I felt pretty overwhelmed by all the choices (especially at Sephora!) so I mostly went by all of your recommendations. And of course I consulted with the salesladies.

So here's what I came home with:

Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye Contour Cream (because the saleslady at Nordstroms said it was the best!)


Mac Paint Pot in Painterly (Thanks for that recommendation Amanda!)
Mac Eye Shadow in Cork (I know, a little boring, but very basic)
Mac round brush for application



Mac NW20 Select Cover Up (just a sample to try out)


Bremenn Hylexin Eye Cream


I did try Elizabeth Arden's eye concealer, but it caked quickly (once again, dry skin). I was tempted to buy Elizabeth Arden's undereye gel, and I make switch for the Clarins if I find it doesn't work. I have my doubts about the Clarins (and it was a little pricey - shhhhhhh!)

I'll let you know how I like all the products after I use them for a week. Luckily most makeup counters are good about returns : )

No comments:

Post a Comment